The fingerprint-based background check is a multiple-step process:
1. The applicant must register prior to going to the fingerprint site. Walk in service without prior registration will not be provided at any fingerprinting location. Registration is completed online or over the phone.
Registration is available online 24 hours/day, seven days per week at www.pa.cogentid.com
Telephone registration is available at 1-888-439-2486 Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm EST.
During the registration process, all demographic data for the applicant is collected (name, address, SSN, etc.) so there is no data entry required at the fingerprint collection site. This registration will remain open for 90 days. If the registration is not used within 90 days, it will be cancelled and the fee refunded as needed.
2. The applicant will pay a fee of $27.00 for the fingerprint service and the CHRI. The new system provides the CHRI (reporting system) online to the employer and all applicants will receive a paper copy of the report at no additional cost.
3. Applicants may make their payment online at www.pa.cogentid.com using a credit card or debit card. Money orders or cashier’s checks payable to 3M Cogent will be accepted on site for those applicants who do not have the means to pay electronically. No cash transactions or personal checks are allowed.
To Schedule this service at Lenape Tech:
Option 1: Email Jason Gurski, Law Enforcement Instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 2: Call 724.763.7116 Ext. 3333 to leave a voicemail
Lenape Tech Fingerprinting Hours
This service is offered when Lenape Tech is in session according to the school calendar.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Thursday 12:15pm to 2:30pm
Friday 10am to 11am & 12:00pm to 12:30pm
4. At the fingerprint site, the Applicant Livescan Operators (ALO) manage the fingerprint collection process.
5. The fingerprint transaction begins when the ALO reviews the applicant’s qualified State or Federal photo ID before processing the applicant’s transaction. A list of approved ID types may be found on 3M Cogent’s website at www.pa.cogentid.com. Applicants will not be processed if they cannot produce an acceptable photo ID.
6. After the identity of the applicant has been established, all ten fingers are scanned to complete the process. The entire fingerprint capture process should take no more than three to five minutes.
*Please be patient when working with the students taking your fingerprints. The equipment is very sensitive to temperature, humidity, and other factors that may require several attempts to capture a valid print.