The Pennsylvania Department of Health has issued an order mandating face coverings in all Pre K-12 public, private, and charter schools, including Career and Technical Education Centers starting on Tuesday September 7, 2021. We are aware of the significant arguments for and against masks in schools. However, this order is not optional. Therefore starting on Tuesday September 7, 2021, all students, staff, visitors, and any other person are required to wear a face-covering at Lenape Technical School.
As part of the Order, masks will not be required for students when engaged in an activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask, such as eating and drinking, or operating equipment where the student’s safety would be compromised by the face covering. Likewise, students will not be required to wear face coverings during high-intensity aerobic or anaerobic activities, including during a physical education class in a well-ventilated location or outdoors, and able to maintain a physical distance of six feet from other individuals.
Additional Information Regarding Pennsylvania Department of Health Order
Lenape Technical School continues to focus all efforts on providing safe and continuous in-person instruction.
- Lenape Technical School administration strongly recommends that all students and staff be fully immunized as soon as possible.
- Lenape Technical School will continue to provide and support mitigation and sanitation efforts that proved successful last school year. Those methods include social distancing, increased ventilation, proper and frequent hand hygiene, and frequent disinfection of high-touch areas and surfaces.
- The recommendation and support of our parents/guardians, students, and staff by isolating if you feel sick. Following the advice of medical professionals and your family physician is vital in maintaining a safe learning environment.
- The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) currently requires that all persons regardless of vaccination status must wear a face covering while using public transportation. Accordingly, all persons including adults/drivers must wear face coverings on any school-provided buses or vans.
- Lenape Technical School will continue to promote social distancing of students to the extent possible. We will make every effort to maintain 3 feet when possible, throughout the student’s school day.
- Lenape Tech will continue to work closely with the Department of Health (DOH) to identify close contacts of known positive cases and communicate the need to quarantine as required the DOH.
We are aware of the significant rising numbers of COVID-19 in our community. These procedures are subject to change based on updated guidance as well as local community health conditions. Please consult with your local physician if you or your student is sick. Lenape Technical School’s number one goal is to provide a safe environment that allows for in-person instruction.
Lenape Tech Administration