We want to start out by thanking you for your patience during these new and unprecedented times. We know that our closure has a deep impact on our students, and we appreciate your flexibility during this time.
Governor Wolf has extended the closure for all schools through April 7th for all staff, and for students at least through April 13th.
We also want to recognize our excellent staff who have been uprooted from their classrooms and sent home with little time to plan or prepare resources and are working on new and creative ways to continue educating your students. Their ability to adapt and overcome these obstacles is a testament to the truly outstanding educators your students work with on a daily basis. Please be patient as this is a new process for all of us, as we know it is new for you as well. Please reach out through email should you encounter issues and we will work together to resolve your concerns.
Lenape Tech has decided to begin to “Enrichment and Review” lessons beginning on Monday March 30th. Understanding key concepts and reinforcing this information are the building blocks to a great education. Our teachers have carefully selected these concepts that will get students caught up or improve their foundation leading to their future success. More information will be given out later this week specifically regarding how to access this information beginning on Monday March 30th.
Delivering Career and Technical Education through “distance” learning is no easy task, during these times we ask each family to take the opportunity to work with your student and discuss career options. Now more than ever, explore your child’s passion and future careers with them.
- If your student is in Allied Health/Sports Med and Biomedical Technology, the current health landscape is a perfect case study, have them discuss this with you.
- In addition, discussions on enforcement of non-essential business closures are real-world events for our Law Enforcement students.
- Have a list of home projects you want to cross off? Use your Construction Trades, Natural Resources, Welding, Precision Machining student to help cross items off your list.
- Does your vehicle need some work, what better way to engage your Auto Tech and Collision Repair student?
- Have a Culinary Arts or Cosmetology student in your house? Perfect! Now you have your own personal chef or stylist.
- Do you struggle with computers, you now have your personal IT Department in your Computer Information, Advertising Digital Technology, or CADD Pre-Engineering students.
With all the Technical Programs, any discussion and practice on Job Interviews, researching careers, and visiting post-secondary options are always great way to help students further their passion.
Please continue to check our website www.lenapetech.net and our Facebook as we will communicate additional updates as well as directions for our roll-out of Enrichment and Review lessons beginning on Monday March 30th.
Wesley P. Kuchta firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Gurski email@example.com
Carla Thimons firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Special Programs