Lenape Technical School has evaluated several different alternative options for honoring the Class of 2020. Lenape Technical School will proudly graduate 171 students as part of the Class of 2020. Planning any event with this large class size, while still adhering to the social distance guidelines has been a challenge. The changing guidance regarding social distancing and inability to guarantee a traditional commencement ceremony at the end of this school year or at a later date has driven the decision to organize the following events to recognize the Class of 2020:
- Virtual Awards Assembly – May 15th
- The traditional Senior Awards which was scheduled for Friday May 15th will take place virtually.
- Awards Assembly Video will be posted to our website and Facebook for viewing
- Video will be available for viewing beginning at 10:00 am
- Virtual Commencement Ceremony – May 22nd
- The Virtual Commencement Ceremony will follow the traditional program of activities, including speeches, Roll Call, and conferring of the diplomas of the Class of 2020. This event will be pre-recorded and will allow families to view the video at a time that is conducive to their family schedule.
- The program video will be posted for viewing on Friday May 22nd via the schools Facebook and our website.
- Individual “Presentation of Diploma” – Thursday May 28th and Friday May 29th
Many parents and stakeholders of Lenape Tech commented on that special moment when a student’s name is announced and they walk across the stage to accept their diploma and become a graduate.
Wanting to uphold that special moment, Lenape Tech will be inviting our seniors in their full graduation attire to come to the school and experience that special moment of walking across the stage and receiving their diploma. In addition, we will have our graduates take their official graduation picture at that time.
For this event, Seniors may be accompanied by members immediate family (those that the student shares a household with a maximum of four members)
In order for our graduates and their immediate family members to plan to join us, the following schedule will be used to schedule individual times:
|Thursday May 28th
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|Friday May 29th
5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|Advertising Digital Technology
Allied Health/Sports Medicine
Computer Information Technology
Collision Repair Technology
Law Enforcement Information Technology
Pre-Engineering / CADD
A member of the Lenape Tech Staff will be calling each graduate to let them know of their specific time
beginning on Monday May 18th. Additionally, each member of the Class of 2020 will receive an
invitation with their time using the above schedule when they pick up their personal items on May 18th,
19th, or 20th.
In order for this event to be successful, Lenape Tech must follow guidance from the Department of
Health, CDC, and other agencies as the safety of our students, families, staff, and the community at large
is still paramount in our decision-making process. Specific directions on the social distancing guidelines
that will be in place will be sent out next week for the evenings of May 28th and May 29th
We appreciate your cooperation regarding these necessary precautions so that our event may take place
Lenape Tech Administration thanks our students and families for their patience as we navigated the
changing waters and directions as we looked for the best way possible to honor our outstanding Class of
Wesley Kuchta, Administrative Director
Jason Gurski, Principal
Carla Thimons, Special Programs Coordinator