- Submit completed Application and Reference Form to the site you wish to attend. To use this form you will need to have Adobe Acrobat (version 4.x or above) installed.
- High school graduate or equivalency.
- Must be seventeen years of age or older.
- Is in good health; can perform the Essential Functions and Abilities of the Practical Nurse.
- Good moral character; abide by the Code of Conduct.
- A sincere interest in learning.
- Option A: Successfully complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills* (TEAS, ATI).
- To successfully complete the TEAS, the applicant must obtain a total score of 50 or a minimum total score of 45 accompanied by a reading score of 60 or higher.
Option B: To exempt out of the entrance exam, the applicant must submit official documentation with one of the following:
- SAT Scores: Taken within 2 years. Math score of 480 or higher and Reading score of 480 or higher.
- ACT Scores: Taken within 2 years. English - 18, Reading - 21, and Natural Science - 24.
- College Credits: 30 completed credits from and accredited college/university with a GPA of 2.2 or higher.
- Participate in an interview with the coordinator or delegate.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must have access to a computer with internet capabilities.
- Must complete upon request:
- Mandatory drug screening is required prior to the first day of class or the date as directed by the coordinator. Any positive results are reviewed by the coordinator and may prohibit enrollment.
- Mandatory Background Clearances: FBI Clearance Check, a Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 34, 151 and 114). The results of these checks will be evaluated by the coordinator of the program on an individual basis and may prohibit enrollment.
- Mandatory report of medical history/physical, including immunizations.
For more information and a free brochure, call the Practical Nursing Program at 724-763-1311, Ext. 4302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.